[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Mark Ravitz mark_r at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 14:09:36 CET 2004

Hi:

My name is Mark Ravitz.  I've been working on the glossary
definitions.   I'd like to join the documentation group.

> And I would appreciate if you *do not remove* or add any word within the
> A-Z range of the Glossary. Thank you!

Sorry.  I've been adding words.  The definitions relate to one another
and it's hard not to work on the glossary as a whole, which means moving
words into a-z, as opposed to only writing definitions.  I just
discovered this newsgroup.  As far as I can tell there are a lot of
people moving words into a-z.

I'll stop doing it.

Maybe it's better just to let the whole thing grow for a while.  I keep
rereading and correcting/improving the definitions I have already written.

The glossary seems to be expanding geometrically.
I'm trying to understand where the words are coming from.
My list so far is:

General typo3 concepts
PHP stuff: Global arrays, various files
TypoScript opjects/functions/properties
TSconfig ojects/properties
Backend: Modules and fields in Backend editing forms
General web and site development and database concepts

That amounts to a heck of a lot of words.  If you
did have all those words well defined and cross
linked it would be an incredibly valuable tool,
especially for newbies.

Let me know if there is something specific I can do to help
out with the glossary in addition to writing definitions.

Mark