[Typo3-documentation] bureaucracy

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Tue Aug 3 17:41:05 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

> Well, right now facts are against you. Both Coby and I left this wiki
> because there were no guidelines.
>
> Having guidelines means a lot of work in the beginning, true. But when
> they are settled they give you frames to work within, so that you
> don´t have to discuss why we do this and that, over and over againg.
> We can just point people to the guidelines and say: this is how we
> agreed to do it! If you don´t like it, suggest another one for us to
> vote upon!

Well, to be honest i didnt really read *any* of the votes (just thought
its too long and didnt get the sense really)

Actually you are perfectly right and there are rules which are *very*
important, but i feel like you miss the most obvious thing: ITS A WIKI!

And since its a wiki *everybody* can mess in there and actually
everybody should do it. and as i see it the "self-organizging" wikipidea
has an enoourmous success.

So, freedom first, structure later (when there is something to structure
actually)

>> 1. I think i have a quite clear vision for the wiki
>

> Me too, but this is not about what individuals think. It is about what
> vision we, as a community, have!
>
> Working together in the same direction!

Yeah come on, but lets work and not praise our own boredom ;)

>> What you think?
>

> So far you are the only one suggesting that we have no guidelines at
> all. And four people think we should have it.
>
> Anyone else want to say their opinion?

My guide is usability, and since this is a wiki and not a governments
law we can´t expect people to follow rules beforehand, thats why i am so
harsh about your and cobys opinions. once again - its a WIKI ;) (a new
religion after linux and typo3 :P  )

- Johannes