[Typo3-documentation] Quit talking and start chalking!

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Sun Aug 1 15:54:15 CEST 2004

>You can append and fix things exactly the same way using Typo3. But - and
>this is the main advantage - you must be allowed to do this!
>The most disturbing thing about almost any wiki I have seen so far is, that
>you will find lots of annotations, comments, fixes, changes and all that
>together with marks and links about the users who did it without any
>structure. Almost everybody can add something like: "hey this is complete
>bullshit! You will have to do it like this!" - the next one will write: "You
>are all wrong - it is done like that!" - Or even worse: He will DELETE
>something which has taken someone else hours of writing before. OK, you have
>versioning, so you can get it back. But if you want something readable you
>will be cleaning and fixing and cleaning and fixing without end ... IF you
>will be doing that. If not, the wiki will be useless for any professional
>user.

I understand this, but on the other hand we could benefit from the power
of *lots* of people who share their knowledge. How many people really
write good documents here? How many people have the big typo3 picture?
Annotations are just great because you quickly get a bigger picture -
docus from just one are basically one opinion.

That doesnt mean that we shouldnt clean up the wiki and look for stuff
that is just wrong or outdatet.