[TYPO3-dam] Usage field of DAM record shows files under /uploads directory

Oliver Tempel info at olivertempel.de
Tue Jun 19 21:23:25 CEST 2012

Hi,
First of all i would disable file upload in content elements.
Next option is a logical file and order structure so no filename came twice.
But this is only a workaround, filepath check in combination with hash would be a better solution. Does it make sense that dam automaticly disable uploads in content elements or would be an option in config?

Rgds
Oliver

Tobias Schmidt <t.schmidt at minuskel.de> schrieb:

>Hi Lorenz, thank you for your answer.
>
>I partially disagree. In the use case that you describe (one file under
>
>fileadmin, multiple usages in content elements) it might make sense.
>
>But my usecase is the following: I upload a file to some directory
>under
>fileadmin. The usage field of this file shows some usages immediately.
>This happens if a copy of this file already exists under uploads/pics.
>The files are considered to be the same because the file hash of both
>files is the same and the file path is not taken into account.
>There are at least two ways that let you store a file under
>uploads/pics
>without a reference to a specific file under fileadmin:
>1) Upload a file inside a content element so there is no DAM record (no
>
>reference at all)
>2) Use the same file inside a content alement from a different
>directory
>under fileadmin (a reference to another DAM record)
>
>In my case I would consider it a bug.
>
>I think it needs to be discussed what should be tracked. The usage of
>the file itself no matter where it is stored or the specific file in a
>specific directory. I would prefer the latter.
>
>Best regards
>Tobias
>
>Am 16.06.2012 18:52, schrieb Lorenz Ulrich:
>> Hi Tobias
>>
>> I don't know if it is intended behaviour, but I could imagine the
>> following:
>>
>> When you select e.g. a picture for usage in tt_content (but without
>> using dam_ttcontent), the file is not referenced directly, but copied
>> uploads/pics. That could be the reason DAM is also monitoring these
>> files to keep track of all usage... referenced or copied.
>>
>> Makes sense, doesn't it?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Lorenz
>>
>> Am 12.06.2012 11:16, schrieb Tobias Schmidt:
>>> Hi, I'm using DAM 1.2.4 und TYPO3 4.5.16.
>>>
>>> I was wondering why the usage field of DAM records shows files that
>are
>>> located under the /uploads directory. I came across this strange
>>> behaviour when I uploaded a file and it immediatly displayed a few
>pages
>>> where this file is being used.
>>>
>>> Diving into the DAM source code I finally came to the method
>>> getMediaUsageReferences() inside lib/class.tx_dam_db.php. At the end
>of
>>> this method there is the following line:
>>> $rows = array_merge($rows, tx_dam_db::getMediaUsageUploads($uidList,
>'',
>>> ''));
>>>
>>> With the third parameter being an empty string the call to
>>> getMediaUsageUploads() is not restricted to any directory. The usage
>of
>>> files is only determined by file hash which can of course be the
>same
>>> for files that belong to a DAM record and files that are located
> [...]

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.