[TYPO3-dam] Usage field of DAM record shows files under /uploads directory

Tobias Schmidt t.schmidt at minuskel.de
Tue Jun 12 11:16:26 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm using DAM 1.2.4 und TYPO3 4.5.16.

I was wondering why the usage field of DAM records shows files that are
located under the /uploads directory. I came across this strange
behaviour when I uploaded a file and it immediatly displayed a few pages
where this file is being used.

Diving into the DAM source code I finally came to the method
getMediaUsageReferences() inside lib/class.tx_dam_db.php. At the end of
this method there is the following line:
$rows = array_merge($rows, tx_dam_db::getMediaUsageUploads($uidList, '',
''));

With the third parameter being an empty string the call to
getMediaUsageUploads() is not restricted to any directory. The usage of
files is only determined by file hash which can of course be the same
for files that belong to a DAM record and files that are located under
/uploads.

Is this the intended behaviour? If yes what is the idea behind it?
If no is there already a bug report for this?

Or could it be there is something wrong with my setup?

Best regards
Tobias