[TYPO3-dam] Issue with templavoila and dam

Frank Gerards F.Gerards at esolut.de
Thu Apr 5 10:59:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

TV Connector cannot work recursively and inside stuffed container elements, just look inside the TV connector - and TV API - code.
For our big projects we cancelled TV and one of the reasons was the unstable DAM image/media handling/limitations
and the language layer it introduces apart of the fact that its not as performant as i.e. compiled fluid templates etc. .
It also introduces template information in a DB table which has multiple implications on deployment in a project with more than 1 dev stage...

I used TV for 5 years in various projects, but I think its time to move on ;)...no hate/regrets implied, just evolution...

Apart of that DAM is a very nice way of Asset handling our customers really appreciate, I hope it will be further extended as a "core principle"
With DAM 2.0 based on FAL :)... I maybe have the opportunity to dig deeper into FAL on the T12DD.

Greetz from munich,
frank