[TYPO3-dam] Using DAM in multipledomain setup (hide Media folder)

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:01:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a multiple domain setup, with a seperate
usergroup for each domain.

We are using DAM for file management and would like to stick to this.

When ever a user in a pagetree uploads a file, a debug message is shown

"unable to insert record (%s).." because the media element can't be
created in the media folder.

I would like to hide the media folder from the page tree, because it
will be confusing for the user. But if the Media folder isn't shown, the
file upload can't be saved. And then the media elements won't be shown
in the element browser, when inserting a image in a content element.

The extension manager setting "Hide media folder" is set, but it seems
that the "Access" module overrides the "hiding".

Can anyone give me a hint on this topic?

Best regards,

Søren