[TYPO3-dam] DAM Frontend : FE File search in Internet Explorer doesn't work

Tizian Schmidlin st at cabag.ch
Wed Sep 8 10:52:32 CEST 2010

Am 29.08.10 21:55, schrieb Stefan Busemann:
> The reason could be a missing tag in the form tag of the template. We
> will update the template with the next release.
>
> Thank you
>
> Stefan
>
> Am 27.07.10 16:02, schrieb Tizian Schmidlin:
>> Hi Folks!
>>
>> I've got a strange bug with dam_frontend and it's frontend search : when
>> in Firefox (3.6.8) and searching files in the frontend, everything works
>> fine, the search results appear.
>>
>> When I do the same in Internet Explorer 7 or 8 the search isn't
>> filtered!!!
>>
>> I first thougt that it may be a form problem, like in the DAM backend
>> but I soon figured out that everything looked fine.
>>
>> Has this happened to anybody too?
>>
>> How would you solve this problem (not using internet explorer is not an
>> option)?
>>
>> Greets
>>
>> Tizian

Hi Stefan,

I figured out what the reason for this bug is: IE.

In facts, when you post a form in IE and don't click on the button, the
name of the button is not passed to the query (POST or GET) as it does
in Firefox and other "normal" browsers.

As in dam_frontend it's checked if the name of the submit button is
passed, this check isn't done anymore. My workaround is that I have a
hidden field with the same name as the submit button.

Greets Tizian