[TYPO3-dam] dam files versioning

ben van 't ende ben at typo3.org
Thu Mar 25 11:08:12 CET 2010

On 24/03/10 16:22, Mauro Lorenzutti wrote:
> Hi DAM developers,
>
> A customer of mine has a feature request for the DAM extension and he is
> interested in sponsoring this development. Am I writing to the right
> address?
>
> My customer needs a full workspace integration for DAM. This means:
> - possibility to manage draft files in draft and custom workspace (like
> for tt_content records) and prevent them to be shown in live workspace
> (in BE too). I found that this task is almost complete but there are
> some bugs pending
> - versioning of files: they need the possibility to manage more versions
> of the same file and to rollback to a previous version (something like
> SVN but without banches, authentication, ecc.). If a user updates a file
> (a physical file) through the BE DAM interface, a new version has to be
> created and it should log who updated the file, when and so on
>
> Are you interested in developing this feature? Could you provide me an
> estimation of time and costs? If you can define the needed budget I can
> speak with our customer and try to arrange a sponsor for you.
>
> By the way, we know the code of the DAM extension pretty well so we can
> share the effort if it would help.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards

Hi Mauro,

In the other DAM list I already saw that Dan estimated it on 100 hours of work.
Indeed this is a feature that a lot of people badly need. We will probably have
a project during the year where we can tackle this problem but also other DAM
issues  concerning usability. This is not a sure thing yet and I think it would
be awesome if work on this important issue can get started. I will contact you
PM for some details.

gRTz

ben
--