[TYPO3-dam] DAM & UTF-8 Filenames

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 20 08:44:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

Marc Bastian Heinrichs wrote:
>> we got a russian client. He uses his native language for the filenames.
>> But this leads to a big problem. The preview images doesnt work.
>> Please take a look at the screenshot. What to do? Bug in TYPO3 or in DAM.
>
> I had the same problem and I could fix this only by setting the correct
> LANG environmental variable for the apache.
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12661

In that same issue is also a patch for TYPO3 which contains a hard-coded
  locale setting. If you can't set the environment variable, you can
change the core files for this client. If you need to use a different
locale for your clients system you'll have to change it yourself.

To fix it properly we need to introduce a "file system locale" setting
in the configuration. Because this introduces a new configuration item I
don't think it can be fixed in 4.4 and earlier. I'll talk to the release
manager about that.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert