[TYPO3-dam] Migration to DAM

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Jan 29 12:23:13 CET 2010

Sebastian Fuchs wrote:
> Hello DAM-Team,
>
> I was wondering if there are any scripts to migrate a running TYPO3
> project to use DAM.
>
> I would think about a script that does something like this:
> - get all CEs of type "image" and "text/w/image"
> - fetch the image field
> - based on the found filenames find records in tx_dam (already indexed
> files)
> - write a relational record to tx_dam_ref_mm to connect the CE to the
> tx_dam record.

add CEe of type "download" and given all special records like news,
which might also contain images or documements.

add caption:
- get the caption- alt- title- tags from CEs & write to tx_dam
- in case double usage of one image with different caption- alt- title-
tags = resolve manually
- in case multilang, do the same for "translated" records.

add files lost/moved in or never uploaded to fileadmin (direct upload):
- copy from uploads > fileadmin, dam index them and repeat the above

add files from RTE (which are not in fileadmin)

in case you have more BE-Groups & dir-based permissions (filemounts),
you will have to consider howto determine the right location.

in case an identical file is available twice in fileadmin (different
name or directory) you have to decide which one to link.

hth as a starter,
regards georg