[TYPO3-dam] TYPO3 solution for photo database

Stefan Busemann stefan.busemann at web.de
Tue Jan 19 21:07:28 CET 2010

Hi Ulrich,

i know that dam_frontend is in use for large file repositories. But you
are right, that the current version does not support all features.

- Assigning (multiple) categories (also by batch assignment) to pictures
(as done in DAM) >> is allready possible
- Reading/adding meta data to pictures (as done in DAM) >> reading yes
(via the dam record). Writing meta data back is not yet possible. I'm
not shure, but also dam is not able to write data back to the asset.
- Category tree view >> is allready possible
- Thumbnail view of the selected category (ev. with watermarks) >> could
be possible (via Typoscript)
- Big picture view in a lightbox (ev. with watermarks) >> a real light
box is not implemented yet (only a single view). In the single view a
watermark can be added via TS
- Full text search of the metadata with thumbnails view as result (as
done in DAM list module). >> is allready possible

- dl counter can be added via a hook

- basket is not implemented yet.

As i know, the dam assetsets is currently made for the backend.

If you have any further questions please contact me via mail.

best regards

Stefan

Project leader dam_frontend

There should be two user groups (what could be realized by felogin) >>
is allready possible