[TYPO3-dam] DAM References

Steffen Kamper ks at dislabs.de
Thu Feb 25 19:28:06 CET 2010

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> while analysing impexp for exporting DAM records, i saw that the field
>> file_usage, which is opposite field of dam_ttcontent field, isn't filled
>> after inserting images on a page.
>> What does the trick, when will this field filled? Or is it a core bug?
>
> This field is never written to directly. If you look at its TCA, it's a
> user-defined field and calls on
> EXT:dam/lib/class.tx_dam_tcefunc.php:&tx_dam_tceFunc->tx_dam_fileUsage,
> which itself queries the tx_dam_mm_ref table and renders the table of
> related records.

i know. But it's not type=user, but has userFunc, which is a big
difference. Means, the render of the filed is done by userFunc, but the
handling is the same like all others having type=group.

I asked because in my test installation the field in tx_dam never was
updated, remains "0" all the time.

vg Steffen