[TYPO3-dam] DAM book

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Wed Feb 17 00:01:25 CET 2010

Dan,

Congratulations to you (karsten & matthes)!
The book is well done. I just dislike the first 25 pages explaining
TYPO3-Installations.

One remark for the next book-release, in regards to using S3 as
DAM-Storage:  I found using s3fs (fuse based file-system with caching
and more) is much faster and more transparent to the app, than than
doing any php-based S3-stuff.
see: http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/wiki/FuseOverAmazon
for details; (seems to even work with eucalyptus - great);
regards georg