[TYPO3-dam] What about not deleting files when DAM records are deleted?

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 16 09:24:25 CET 2010

Hi all,

When a DAM record is deleted, the DAM uses a TCEmain hook to delete the
related file. While this makes some sense to avoid leaving orphaned
files on the server, it does mitigate the usefulness of the "undelete"
command. In particular it renders the new Recycler module rather useless
with regards to the DAM, because there's not much point restoring a DAM
record if the related file does not exist anymore.

So I was thinking that it might be useful to make the hook call
configurable. Of course I can just unset the hook registration and the
magical delete does not happen anymore, but it might be more
user-friendly if this were configurable.

Opinions? Did I miss something?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter