[TYPO3-dam] EXT: dam_ttnews, "migration of images and media fields from old existing news"

dave wong frontleft at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:20:15 CET 2010

> Am 25.11.2010 12:02, schrieb dave wong:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Has anyone used the extension "dam_ttnews" to integrate tt_news and dam?
> > There is no manual but there is a feature mentioned in the extension
> > repository (mentioned in the Version History). I want to use this
> feature,
> > but don't know how.
> >
> > "0.1.6: Added a new feature by Stefan Galinski. This feature allows the
> > migration of images and media fields from old existing news entries to
> DAM
> > (dam_ttnews)"
> >
> > I have many tt_news articles using traditional images, but I want to
> migrate
> > these images to the DAM Images field.
> >
> > I have installed Typo3 4.4.4, DAM 1.1.7 and dam_ttnews 0.1.10.
> >
> > Thanks, David.
> Hi,
> There should appear a menu entry "Update" in the extension manager if
> you select dam_ttnews.
>
> Bjorn
>
> Thanks for the previous advice Bjorn,
And apologies if this question is posted in the wrong list.

The Update option is exactly what I was looking for, but now I run to a new
problem.
I used the DAM Tools  "Check Index" and "Check Uploads", then ran the
dam_ttnews Update feature again. Now everytime I run the update, the browser
is timing out after 120 seconds. I have relaxed several of the server and
browser timeout settings, but I still get a connection timeout error in the
browsers. I have hundreds of tt_news images that need converting to DAM
Image equivalents.

The script seems to keep running for 20+ mins on the server, even after the
browser connection has timed-out.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer. Can the class.ext_update.php script be
modified to either return a partial result after 100 seconds or can some
data be issued to the browser to keep the connection alive?

Many thanks,
David.