[TYPO3-dam] Fast assigning of categories

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern lorenz.ulrich at phz.ch
Fri Apr 23 13:30:37 CEST 2010

Hi there

My university is planning to realize a photo database with TYPO3 DAM and
DAM Frontend. Maybe you remember that from earlier posts of mine. We
will sponsor the development of some new features for DAM Frontend we
need yet there remains one major problem for us:

In his standalone Windows software our photographer can assign
categories to images just by dragging an image to a category name and
dropping it then. This procedure is very fast. Using DAM assigning one
category takes at least four clicks and some scrolling (Edit button -->
scrolling down to the categories --> clicking each category to be
assigned --> saving) and still you lose the context to the last image
after saving.

Can anyone think about a more comfortable solution to get easier
category assigning? I know that it's a very bad time to want that stuff
now as I think DAM will be using the new tree API that was developed
during T3UXW but won't be in TYPO3 until 4.5 is out.

Thanks for your replies,

Lorenz