[TYPO3-dam] Extending DAM to use with external files

Marc Steiner marc.steiner at gridds.com
Thu Apr 8 11:04:19 CEST 2010

Hi @all

I've searched for a possibility to make the dam useful with external files.

But I didn't find any hooks or something.
So my idea was to extend the apearing main bar when you choose "File".
Now you can select "List", "Upload", "Indexing".
I thought I could add a new entry like "Add external file".

But I haven't got an idea how to make this without changing the dam
extension itself, so that it stays updatable.

Glad if I would get some help ;-)

Marc