[TYPO3-dam] Rewrite of dam_ttcontent

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Wed Sep 9 23:32:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

>  Here we're
> talking about dynamically adding TCA when a BE form is rendered.

Yes, that's right. At the moment it's just a proof of concept using the
appropriate hooks in TCEform and TCEmain.

Some further thoughts on this:

- I'd be in favour of two "on the fly" DAM fields, one for the media
assets and one for the metadata display (a flexform).

- For EM a configuration syntax should be provided to specify for which
tables the "on the fly" DAM fields should be included. At the moment
I've come up with

tablename|types:typenames|after:fieldname|reffield:fieldname

Any part despite the tablename is optional, "reffield" could point to a
"real" reference field (like dam_ttcontent) in case somebody wants to
use this in a certain table instead of the "on the fly" versions.

In comparison to dam_ttcontent my current "on the fly" version doesn't
provide nice img previews in BE. It just uses the standard
txdam_getMediaTCA() function. This would be one area where more work
needs to be done. Since I've just experimented a bit, I have to admit
that there might be other areas (list module, field access for editors,
versioning, workspaces etc.) that would need to be thought through first
before the whole concept could be called promising :)

But maybe we can bring everything together to form a nice new peace of
DAM functionality.

Cheers,
Torsten