[TYPO3-dam] Rewrite of dam_ttcontent

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Wed Sep 9 18:39:04 CEST 2009

Hello Georg and everybody,

I'd like to bring in another perspective: Having a rewrite of
dam_ttcontent is very good, but it will not solve something that has
always been a bit annoying when developing with the DAM: the need for a
dedicated reference field to every table for which you want to display
metadata (like dam_ttcontent, dam_ttnews, dam_myextension etc.)

I have been thinking about this lately. Maybe some of you know Mads
Brunns very cool "categories" extension. It takes the approach to add a
"pseudo" categories field to any backend table you set in the EM
configuration.

I played around with this concept and integrated it into my
"damlightbox" extension [1], which always was something of a connector
extension between DAM and FE. The universal DAM fields are already
working though i have not yet found the time to document it properly.

What about considering this functionality for the rewrite and aim at a
more general "dam_feconnector" or "dam_feimage" extension that provides
the following:

- Media field configurable for any table
- Media configuration (flexform field) for any table
- Transfer of any metadata into TSFE registers

Best regards,
Torsten

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-damlightbox