[TYPO3-dam] remove broken files from index

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Mon Nov 30 12:01:07 CET 2009

Ronald Steiner wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> there are files in my DAM-DB indexed long ago. Meanwhile these files got
> deleted, but they are still in the index. I tried to click the Delete
> button in the list module but that does not help.
> The second part of the question is how to remove files only from the
> index, some files really don't need to take the place in the DAM
> DB-Table, but got indexed by mistake.
>
> Hope there is a solution especially for the broken files
>
> Ronald

Roland
you should be able to clean-out the db and the filesystem
and checking & restoring the reference-index
by using the provided check & cleanup tools in
AdminTools > DB Check > Manage Reference Index.

See also the instructions in:
typo3/sysext/lowlevel/HOWTO_clean_up_TYPO3_installations.txt

hth regards georg