[TYPO3-dam] Access problem

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Mar 10 01:16:29 CET 2009

Christian Tardif wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a user which will only have access to manage
> medias. As such, this user will have to manage categories (DAM_CATEDIT).
> My problem is that I can't seem to allow this user to create a category.
> How can I make this work?
> Thanks

DO you wanna allow him to manage media-meta information, or only manage
media(dam)-categories?

Eighther way you should
- create a BE-group with r/w access to the media folder
- with include access-list rights to modfify the appropriate datatype &
fiels (dam-records and/or dam-media records)
- with the aprropriate rights to see/edit the respecive module (media /
medai -catedit)
- and put the user in question in the newly created group;

DAM requires no other rights than any other TYPO3-module, so you should
find your way by applying the same ACLS for dam as for other modules /
records.

hth georg