[TYPO3-dam] bug in tx_dam: wrong pid/uid with links

Stephan I. grac at gmx.ch
Thu Jul 30 08:37:41 CEST 2009

hello dam-list

thanks to Torsten Schrade, the developer of the wonderful EXT
"damlightbox" which, to my knowledge, is the only slidebox that extracts
and displays meta data from DAM pictures, i can now be more precise
about the sometimes strange behavior of DAM regarding references/usage.

see also my thread (June 2009) which additionally shows a screenshot of
the wrongly put DAM-references:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-dam/2009-June/002589.html

and please excuse my non-professional approach to the explanation of the
bug - i am still in the process of learning the hard part of TYPO3, i.e.
core coding.

here an example:

1) a picture has uid=1407/pid=34 (DAM media storage sysfolder). in
tx_dam_mm_ref this file is correctly referenced to a tt_content element
with uid=3627/pid=640 and has the correct entry as "DAM Media" (Content
field) and "Inserted media" (Type of reference).

2) a CE exists with the same uid=1407, but a different pid=661. every
link to this CE is correctly called by the typolink <link 661#1407>.

3) but this reference to the CE (pid=661/uid=1407) is now wrongly added
to the list of the DAM tab instructions/usage of the picture with the
uid=1407/pid=34. and is of the type "Text" (Content field) and "Link to
file" (Type of reference).

so the list in DAM tab instructions/usage collects only uid? instead of
uid/pid?

thanks for explanation, hint and help.

stephan