[TYPO3-dam] use of .indexing.setup.xml? they seem to do nothing here :(

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jul 8 10:38:36 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

> Are you using dam_cron, dam_index, or both?

I'm using both as I need both. The customer should be able to upload
files via FTP (needed for large files like demo videos etc.) and index
them manually for immediate use, but he should also be able to simply
upload f.e. some images that get automatically indexed via the cron job.

It would be sufficient to run the cronjob f.e. let's say every five
minutes and let it check for new files - but I fear that partly uploaded
large files could get indexed wrong. That's why I intended to provide
both options to the customer. Or is the index process intelligent enough
to see that files are partly uploaded?

Whereas the cronjob is working quite fine (although ignoring the
.indexing.setup.xml inside the root of defined folders), the predefined
settings from .indexing.setup.xml get ignored when starting a manual
index process. I'd like to see the index settings preconfigured so that
the customer doesn't have to struggle with correct settings (like
creating categories out of folder structure etc.).

Thanks for your help.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch