[TYPO3-dam] brand new typo3 installation & DAM: only error messages PROBLEM SOLVED

grac grac at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 9 16:51:17 CET 2009

@peter

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] wrote:
> so - if I got that right the problem was using multiplyDBfieldSize > 1
> on a db set to utf-8 without reading
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/UTF-8_support as suggested in the
> install tool ;)

right.
it was definitely the EXT db_ttv which had multiplyDBfieldSize = 2 in
it's full package (localconf.php).

i missed to check this special value because i knew from the developer
himself since a year that setting multiplyDBfieldSize > 1 in combination
with utf-8 would be a waste of space (yaml forum - i never thought that
the same developer would change his mind?!).

what i didn't know before this thread was that dam wouldn't create its
own table, depending on this wrong setting.

>  > maybe a hint in the dam-documentation could help?!
> as this is no dam but a general problem imho this would go beyond the
> scope of documenting a particular extension.
>
> @uschi: what do you think?

since all other tables RE the EXT dam were created in the first round,
but only tx_dam itself was not created, maybe it would be worth a hint?!

>  > please tell this my webhoster.
>  > i'm sure he has an answer for you.
> this goes definately beyond the scope :D

this was just a joke from my side :-)

thanks for answering

stephan