[TYPO3-dam] external thumbnails for PDF files

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Feb 5 23:17:14 CET 2009

Lukas, Peter,

Be warned: No garateed solution, just some recallls from the past:

There once was a statically compiled binary of imagemagick (tip on the
hat to Michael Stucki) containing most of the needed functions, and I
think to remember even the libs needed for PDF-thumbnail stuff, which
worked for us on "unwilling" hosters;
This however was IM version 4.2.9 AFAIR and you would have to upload it
via FTP into your "webspace" and CHMOD it so that the webserver could
execute it.
NO, we never (again) did that with DAM, and dont support it anymore,
however in the old days the above procedure was the only meaningful way
of getting TYPO3's graphical functions to work on unwilling hosters.

hth regards georg
PS: Michaels binaries seem still to be avail (WHOO even with
graphicsmagic) under http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/