[TYPO3-dam] TYPO3 Element Browse - Issue / Searchfield

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu Feb 5 19:36:50 CET 2009

Hi Tobias

Tobias Pierschel wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to deactivate in "TYPO3 Element Browser popup " the
> recursion for folder?
> If i click on a folder with images, wich has a subfolder with images,
> all images where displayed. Thats for some editors not useable, because
> there are to much items.

I do not know whether or not it is possible, but if not we should make it possible asap. This behaviour gets on my
nerves without end.

> Search Field:
> 1.) It would be very nice, if the "search field" in the "Element
> Browser" could be on the top of the page, so the the editors could work
> faster.

I agree, as a matter of fact I would like to see all three settings moved to the top. I was just about to make a mockup
what it could/should look like in my eyes.

> 2.) The search sould search in ALL folders. The problem is, that if a
> editor clicked on a subfolder, the search function searches only in this
> select folder, not in all. So he has to click on the root folder an
> search again..

Agreed too!

Adding one more to this wishlist of usability improvements: the window is neither high enough nor high enough. We are
not on 800x600 anymore.

Kind regards, Uschi