[TYPO3-dam] brand new typo3 installation & DAM: only error messages

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Tue Feb 3 21:11:46 CET 2009

Hi
>> sometimes it can happen, that you include extensions in the wrong order
>
> what do you mean by wrong order?
> there is nowhere any hint of a necessary installation order of the EXT.
well, depends on extension. It is possible to define dependencies which would direct you to the right order.

If you have an extension, which extends tx_dam and you install that extension before you install dam, than you could get such errors.

> i remember from my former catastrophe that someone suggested to install
> dam before templavoila.
> was of no use at all.
perhaps you can install phpmyadmin and have an look there, if the table "tx_dam" exists and which fields are defined there...?

If the table exists you could drop it.
Then go to extension manager and reinstall tx_dam.
After that go to install tool and compare db.

>> if tx_dam doesnt exists, try to create it by hand.
>
> i am an ordinary admin, not a developer.
> and therefore hesitate to fiddle around with the database itself.
> on the other hand i would expect an EXT to work well with others.
> not true?
would be nice;) The well known and often used extension does, but the others?

>> in the extension folder there should be an *.sql file with create
>> statements.
>
> i have checked the ext_tables.sql.
> all fields in be_grous, be_users and tt_content are initialised.
> also the tables
> - tx_dam_cat
> - tx_dam_mm_cat
> - tx_dam_metypes_avail
> - tx_dam_mm_ref
> - tx_dam_log_index
> - tx_dam_file_tracking
> - tx_dam_selection
>
> but just not tx_dam itself.
well, can you create the table via phpmyadmin?

martin
--
DocTeam: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-docteam

http://wiki.typo3.org/Ts45min - TypoScript in "45" Minutes