[TYPO3-dam] Categories tree view in own extension with TYPO3 4.3

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Thu Dec 31 16:21:11 CET 2009

Hi,

I am developing an extension which depends on the dam categories. The
backend user can select one or more categories in the dam category tree
view.

For this I am using the following code in flexform which I have from the
TCA in EXT:dam/tca_media_field.php:

<config type="array">
   <type>select</type>
   <form_type>user</form_type>

<userFunc>EXT:dam/lib/class.tx_dam_tcefunc.php:&amp;tx_dam_tceFunc-&gt;getSingleField_selectTree</userFunc>
   <treeViewBrowseable type="integer">1</treeViewBrowseable>

<treeViewClass>EXT:dam/components/class.tx_dam_selectionCategory.php:&amp;tx_dam_selectionCategory</treeViewClass>
   <foreign_table>tx_dam_cat</foreign_table>
   <size type="integer">6</size>
   <autoSizeMax type="integer">10</autoSizeMax>
   <minitems type="integer">0</minitems>
   <maxitems type="integer">10</maxitems>
</config>

With TYPO3 4.2 this works perfect. The backend user sees only the
categories she should see in the category tree. With TYPO3 4.3 only the
label in flexform is shown, no tree view. So it is not possible anymore
to select dam categories.

I checked this with TYPO3 4.3.0, dam 1.1.2, dam_catedit 1.1.0 and also
with the latest svn versions (TYPO3 4.3-dev, dam 1.1-dev,
dam_catedit-1.1-dev).

Was there a change in 4.3 or can someone confirm this? What have I to do
that I can use the dam category tree view?

Regards,
Chris.