[TYPO3-dam] TCA of dam files

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Thu Aug 27 08:38:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

there is already a bug tracker entry [1] about a better layout of the
TCA of the dam fields and I already have one RFC in the other dam list
for it which moves the access field to an own tab (as it is standard
with TYPO3 4.2).

IMO there is still much to do and I did some rework. You can see a
record using the old layout [2] and one with a new one [3]. I used some
more palettes to save space and improve the readability.

I still don't like 2 redundant sections which are the header and the
uneditable file section. IMO it makes no sense to have both. As the
header section is used also for the preview image I would like to move
some infos from down there up. File Name + File path are already in the
header and can belong IMO together.

Please share your thougts on both issues:
- new ordering
- moving the file section up to the header like the file name + file path

Thanks and a great day
Georg

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6919
[2] http://ringer.it/tmp/dam-tca-old.gif