[TYPO3-dam] Discussion: Option to hide caption, alt+title fields in content elements

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Thu Aug 13 16:53:47 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer wrote:

> .: Hide caption + alt + title field.
>
> There are several reasons why:
> - Less fields is bettter
> - The editor is getting used to fill all data to the dam record
> - the information belongs to the dam record and not to the content
> element where it is getting lost.

Hi Georg,

I agree on "Less fields is better"

But disagree on
"editor is getting used to fill all data to the dam record"
and
"information belongs to the dam record and not to the content element"

One nice feature of DAM is to reuse media without copying it. Then
having different captions (per CE) is sometimes mandatory.

So we have at least 3 scenarios for captions-alt-titlefield :
1. DAM only (then hide CE ones)
2. CE only (hide in DAM records)
3. DAM but "overridable" in CE if provided

All of them are of realistic use in real life and I don't really enjoy
EM switches. I prefer userTS/groupTS over global settings at extension
level.

Or maybe I didn't get your proposition at all... :)

Patrick