[TYPO3-dam] Conflict between CE and tt_news when uid_foreign are the same

Piotr Burda pburda at typo3job.com
Mon Aug 10 15:10:38 CEST 2009

Hi

Our client reported us this strange behaviour of DAM combined with CE
and tt_news:

facts about the system:

TYPO3 - 4.2.8
dam - 1.1.1
dam_catedit - 1.1.0
dam_index - 1.1.0
dam_ttcontent - 1.1.0
dam_ttnews - 0.1.9
damlightbox - 0.0.2

strange behaviour: we have a tt_news entry with id=608, but also a CE
(content element) (image with text) with id = 608

table tx_dam_mm_ref, shows 4 images with uid_foreign = 608 (3 from CE, 1
from tt_news)

see on image
http://www.bit.com.pl/dam_err/4.jpg

when we are displaying thic CE on a page we see 3 thumbnails (since this
moment it`s ok) but the alt and title fields for the second image is
wrong (it comes from tt_news image)

http://www.bit.com.pl/dam_err/1.jpg (this is not a iguane :)

http://www.bit.com.pl/dam_err/2.jpg (title and alt comes from image
number 2)

when clicking on image number 2 we see? surprise...
Iguana from tt_news id=608

http://www.bit.com.pl/dam_err/3.jpg

What is wrong? Is it a DAM bug, or our bad configuration.

Regards

Piotr Burda