[TYPO3-dam] Automatic categorization while importing

Völker Stefan t3 at nyxos.de
Thu Sep 25 15:30:49 CEST 2008

Hello DAM-lovers,

is it possible, to use one of the metadata-fields for automatic
categorization?

I have this in my mind:
An image is saved via Adobe Bridge with following keywords "animal",
"nature", "CMS".
It will be uploaded into the DAM and while the automatic indexing
process, the comma-separated keywordlist will be used to categorize
this image in following categories: "animal", "nature" and "CMS".

I don't believe, that there is already a solution for this, but i want
to know, on which place (e.g. hook) i can implement this little
feature as described above.
Where do i have to "register" my "keyword-to-category"-function?

Thank you very much in advance,

Stefan.