[TYPO3-dam] DAM and indexed_search

Michael Miousse michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca
Tue Sep 23 22:37:48 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Steffen Kamper wrote: on 19.09.2008 18:19:
>
>> how do i handle this? Normally in indexed_search the media search is
>> done on folder base, DAM has DB-entries.
>> Can i do something with crawler based on Database record or how to
>> configure it?
>
> AFAIK indexed_search will only index "pages" which are sent to the cache
> by TYPO3. If a page contains links to files, those files will be indexed
> too, no matter if the files come from DAM or from some other plugin (or
> from tt_content rendering of filelinks).
>
> See tx_indexedsearch_indexer::extractLinks().
>
> So what exactly would you expect indexed_search to do?
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

i Have just come to realize that the extension that  i mad in the past, like
two year ago, was worthless. I made that extension for dam_downloadlist
cause at the time i was not aware of how the indexed_search really worked.

when i saw that dam_downloadlist was not indexed i thought it was not meant
to be use with indexed search instead of seeing that dam_downloadlist was
just a user_int( witch i did not fully understand at the time ). But
knowing what i know about indexed_search today i can tell now that my
extension could have been avoid.
Steffen no need to take a look at my extension, what Emesto said is right.
You only have to check if your pages are indexed and all theire plugins
too.

cheers,
--
Michael Miousse