[TYPO3-dam] FE search on metadata

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Sep 17 20:28:26 CEST 2008

The description of Dam on TER says "Metadata can be used to search and
organize image, text, audio, video (...) files."

But it seems this is only searchable in BE.

The seems to be only one extension (advoo_dameasysearch) which does a FE
search on dam media, but it only searches on categories.

I should have thought that FE searching on metadata would be an obvious
application but it seems not to exist (yet)?

I have a bunch of files to be made available for download. Metadata such as
keyword an titles/descriptions if searcheable could let FE users find all
files which are 'presentations' by 'Fred' 'Smith', or which are 'reports'
about 'global' 'warming', or whatever.

I don't mind writing such an extension (it doesn't seem like it should be
too difficult, just searching on relevant fields in table tx_dam?) if it
doesn't exist, but I don't want to waste time inventing a crude four-sided
wheel, if someone else has already invented a much more elegant circular
wheel :)

Have I missed something?

--
Simon Child