[TYPO3-dam] When is dam_cron needed?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Oct 28 20:26:02 CET 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
>
>> Even if files are added from outside ftp?
>
> I'd say yes if we can manage to switch over to using EXT:gabriel =)

I have put the following remark into the new docs

"In case you want to upload files via ftp or the like you migh also want
to install dam_cron to be able to autoindex the new files based on a
cron job (a time-based scheduling service). Note that dam_cron is
deprecated and will be replaced by another extension in future versions
of DAM." [1]

If there is something incorrect with this, can you please correct it? ()

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-dam/Installation

Uschi