[TYPO3-dam] Indexing not working when uploading files in EB

Jan Schmidt jan.schmidt at uni-greifswald.de
Tue Oct 14 08:28:46 CEST 2008

Hi DAM-people!

We just upgraded our main website from Typo3 3.8 (with very old DAM) to
Typo3 4.2.2 and DAM 1.0.14. At the moment I notice a strange problem.
When uploading files with the Media>File module everything works fine:

--- log ---
Uploading file "tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt.pdf" to
"tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt.pdf" (msg#2.1.1)
Record 'tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt' (tx_dam:11331) was inserted on page
'Media' (5) (msg#1.1.10)
File "tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt.pdf" deleted (msg#2.4.1)
-----------

When doing the same (with the same user) from the element browser I
cannot use the file because the file is not indexed:

--- log ---
Uploading file "tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt.pdf" to
"tabelle-leitungsquerschnitt.pdf" (msg#2.1.1)
Versuch, einen Datensatz auf Seite 'Media' (5) ohne die nötigen
Berechtigungen einzufügen. (Oder die Seite existiert nicht!) (msg#1.1.12)

The files is uploaded (it exists in fileadmin) but it's marked with a
yellow exclamation mark (file not indexed). It gets automatically
indexed when entering Media>File! Is this a DAM or core problem? I think
the user is properly configured because he has the required rights at
the media folder. Any help would be appriciated!

Thank you.

Jan