[TYPO3-dam] indexing keywords only works with jpgs

Rob De Vries spam_this at pandora.be
Tue Nov 18 13:10:03 CET 2008

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> thanks for the privately provided file.
>
>>> Are you sure the other metadata is in the file?
>> yes, 100% positive
> This would have been my question now, too.
>
> I opened the file with XnView and Photoshop, but neither of these showed me any information. Metadata in PNGs seem to be not as easy as with JPEG [1].
> I also tried to write Metadata using Photoshop CS into file and save. But after re-opening even Photoshop displays previously "saved" information.
>
> Very curious. What software did you use?
>
> [1] http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=3535.0

Hey Steffen,

ok, so as far as i see; PNG s*cks with handling iptc or xmp ...  a bummer.

Still,  strange that the tiff's meta don't get extracted from the file
in the dam, this should not be a problem.

what i'm also confused about: is their already an exif/iptc extracter in
the dam 1.1, so that i don't need o install the cc_metaexif 1.0.3 ext ?

tnx !
Rob