[TYPO3-dam] Can´t edit files in DAM 1.0.14 with Typo3 4.2.2

grac at gmx.ch grac at gmx.ch
Sat Nov 15 08:37:35 CET 2008

> opaque <walter at opaque.at> wrote:

> Hi all
> there is no Icon (grey small Ruler) for editing or modifying files.
> ist there a patch for this issue?
> thx in advance
> walter

i want to back this observation.
after having read whatever hint i could there remains a big problem for
be_users:
- import/upload: ok
- index: doesn't work
- editing: doesn't work
- edit/add categories: doesn't work
-and therefore: EB doesn't show new uploads

my installation / extensions:
- typo3 version 4.2.3 (DAM installed in version 4.2.2, didn't work there
either)
- TV version 1.3.7
- DAM version 1.0.14
- dam_catedit version 1.0.6
- dam_index version 1.0.4
- dam_info version 1.0.0
- dam_cron version 1.0.2

media-sysfolder is in root

DB mounts:
media sysfolder is integrated in be_users, besides DB mount of the
respective domains (multidomain-singletree-multilanguage installation)

access-rights for be_users:
- all submodules of "Media", inclusive module "Media"
- tables (listing and modify): Media and Media Category
- allowed excludefields: all Media and Media Category
- DAM-Mounts selected: special head-category per respective domains

media sysfolder is not explicitely set to invisible, but in the overview
of my be_users i don't see the media sysfolder in the column Webmounts

as admin i have full overview, indexing and other functionality, but my
be_users
- don't see the media sysfolder
- the edit button is greyed out in media/file and media/list
- in EB there is sometimes an empty list magicpics and normal pics, only
drag-and-drop is visible and usable.

what have i missed to install or configure on top of all these parameters?

thanks for any help and hint

grac