[TYPO3-dam] start-date of media file

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Tue Nov 4 16:13:23 CET 2008

Markus Bucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the start-stop-date for? As I can see it is not used to prevent
> a file from being accessed in frontend, so not implemented yet. Or am I
> wrong?
>
> I need to make sure, that an image is in no case available online until
> a date is reached and I hoped, that dam was able to do so.
> Please tell me that I am not wrong...
>
> Cheers and thanx,
> Markus

Hey Markus,

I never really tried, but I suppose it is for the record itself, which probably
does not make much sense if the asset is still available. It also depends on
what extension you use in the frontend whether the url to the asset is
available. There are several options thinkable. There is however no mechanism to
hide a file.

gRTz

ben
--