[TYPO3-dam] Media types and file types

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon May 26 13:04:53 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

thanks for pointing me into the right direction, started to explore
EXT:dam/lib/tx_dam_types.php. So far I found out why my psd files show
up under 'Undefined'. They are simply not mentioned in that file. Is
that a bug?

>> The only way to add or edit media types is the list module.
>> If you want to change the parent media type of a file type (e.g. move
>> .psd from Undefined to Image) you can do it there.
>
> I don't think this can be modified at all...

Well you *can* do it, I tried it out. I am just very unsure whether you
*should* do it. As I had the idea, others might have it as well, and in
case this has some bad side effects that should be mentioned in the
docs. Can you or someone else be so kind and give me a little more inside?

Ciao, Uschi