[TYPO3-dam] DAM Requirements

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 23 23:40:08 CEST 2008

>> I hope this is reasonable for everybody.
>
> No! What do I do now with my old 3.8 installations? You'll be the ruin
> of me! Shame on you!

To be honest I think it would already be a big effort for the team to
get it running smoothly on 4.0 and 4.1 without thinking of having to go
a step further and get it run on a version that is, sorry to say,
deprecated.

I would either stick on the current DAM version or plan to upgrade to a
newer version because, although I know that it is not always possible to
upgrade regularly all websites, the longer you wait, the more
challenging it is (when even it's possible) to upgrade directly to the
latest version; and old releases of TYPO3 are not available anymore from
the official website (at least as I saw).

I had to upgrade a old installation of mediawiki a few months ago to let
it run with PHP5 and was forced to upgrade it to an old (but newer)
version, that is as an intermediate upgrade step in order to be able to
keep my content.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers