[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.1 (trunk version), RTE, and the media tag

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri May 16 07:40:39 CEST 2008

Michiel Roos a écrit :
> Just checked how it actually ends up in tt_content:
>
> <media 5 - download>Donec</media>
>
> So there's the media tag. But still it would be best to change the
> description as to avoid confusion. Other than that this option works 'as
> advertised'.

You're right. The media tag is treated like the link tag. It is
transformed into an <a>-tag with txdam custom attribute on the way to
the RTE and vice versa on the way to the database.

I guess one would expect to see the txdam custom attribute on the img
tag as well, so as to keep the reference and regenerate the image from
the DAM meta data if required, but currently it is not set. It seems
also that dam/compat/class.tx_dam_rtehtmlarea_browse_media.php is not
using the latest logic from
rtehtmlarea/mod4/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_dam_browse_media.php which was
updated during development of TYPO3 4.2. It is trying to be compatible
with both 4.1 and 4.2, but the image insertion dialogue was modified
quite a bit in 4.2 in order to make it more configurable. This seems to
be lost in the current dam version.

Stanislas