[TYPO3-dam] DAM 1.1 (trunk version), RTE, and the media tag

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu May 15 21:27:54 CEST 2008

Hello folks,

the next of my riddles to solve concerning DAM. In the Ext Manager
Configuration options I do find a checkbox media tag with the following
explanation:

[quote]
This adds the tag <media> to RTE content processing and frontend
rendering. This is needed to create files links using DAM references.
Additional page TSconfig may be needed to enable the media tag. See the
manual for more information.
[/quote]

Checking dam/ext_localconf.php this configuration is not taken into any
account whatsoever. Does that mean we do not need any media tag anymore
for DAM? In that case the setting should be removed from the
configuration settings.

BTW: If I insert an image with DAM, no media tag is created anywhere,
just the usual img with some issues, but that is another issue.

Any hints for me I can put into the docs?

Prosit, Uschi