[TYPO3-dam] merging extensions

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu May 15 18:55:24 CEST 2008

Michael Stucki a écrit :
> Franz Holzinger wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, but this page is really looking like a waste of time for me!
>> Nobody forces you to use it.
>
> Right. But this reduces the chance of your fork to get merged even more.
This fork is not from me and IHMO not a fork at all, because the DAM
code is not repeated.

>>> What is so hard in providing diffs and sending them to the authors?
>> Sorry, but do you indirectly tell lies on a public list?
>
> What about? Please be more precise...
I am not going to publish the contents of private emails on a public
list. But your question shows that you are on the viewpoint that I did
not try to contact the authors at all. You should have at least asked
about this before posing such a question.

>>> Who installs an extension without knowing what it does, and why it is
>>> better than upstream?
>> Because bugs have been fixed. This version has at least worked with the
>> some DAM 1.x,. Otherwise you could not use this extension at all.
>
> But it misses any details about why using it:
> - What is the problem?
enet_dam did not work with DAM 1.x since many months.

> - Which versions are affected?
I did not test it for newer DAM versions. If someone finds it useful he
can help to gather the missing informations.

> - What happens if upstream author releases new version? Is the fix included?
I am not the right person to be asked about this. You must ask the
authors by yourself. They are free to use and integrate this code.

> - Did you send your patch to the upstream author?
I have informed the authors before I have started to fix bugs for the
one or enhance the other extensions.

- Franz