[TYPO3-dam] Bug 4.2 & DAM 1.0.11 /Revision 9092

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon May 5 16:09:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

> yes, it seems so. Any hints when the bug could be solved? I fully agree
> with Sylvere Stoermann that the wonderfull dam should be a part of the
> typo core, so that the dam developers get more support.

There was a discussion a while ago to determine whether DAM should be
part of the core or not and the answer was "No!" but R. Fritz, as he was
developing DAM tight it somehow with the core as there is references to
DAM in rtehtmlArea's configuration.

I do not want to determine whether it should or should not be part of
the core - it was long enough debated - but I think it would benefit
everyone if there was a DAM mailing list the same way there is a core
mailing list: only to post and discuss patches, not for general
discussions. The DAM is big enough to benefit from such a dedicated list
and I would really like discuss patches in a clean way, just as the core
way.

Furthermore, as DAM might be tightly coupled with the core, leaders from
DAM should have good "contact" with core developers in order to
coordinate efforts in enhancing - typically - the core in order to
better integrate DAM, e.g. to enhance rtehtmlArea with option to
integrate DAM browser instead of standard File browser.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html