[TYPO3-dam] Why do I see the same media folder with the same uid several times?

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Feb 14 19:12:03 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> i am a dam newbie. I am working with 4.2 branch of typo3 and dam from
> svn. Now, in my pagetree, I see multiple media folders all pointing to
> the same id (418). If I click on those folders, I see exactly the same
> contents in list view. How comes that I see those multiple folders, and
> how can I 'repair' this?
>
> Regards, Uschi

Uschi,
I've sse that one too, in an elder Installation; it happened because of
repetitive un- and installation of older dam versions;
Cure was to find out (pages table in phpmyadmin) which "Media"-page was
the eldest (see timestamp) and simple delete the others;
(you do have a bakcup of your DB, do you?);

BTW: I cant reproduce this error in t3 4.1.5 + current DAM svn version;

hth, regards georg