[TYPO3-dam] Hiding file types from DAM

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Fri Feb 1 00:31:50 CET 2008

Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> Thanks for the detailed tests you ran.
>
>>  > - did I do something wrong in this configuration?
>> yep, I guess you pur the tsconfig not into the MEDIA Page TSconfig,
>
> Yes, that was it.

perfect;

>> please confirm my findings to we can close this thread,
> So I confirm, barring a small detail: this parameter is case sensitive.
> So setting:
> tx_dam.indexing.skipFileTypes = mxp,log
> excludes foo.log, but not bar.LOG. I would say this should be corrected
> since case is not a differentiation factor in this case. Should I open a
> feature request for that?
> Cheers and thanks again.

well AFAIK, filename case-sensitivity is is a meaningful feature of all
Operating-Systems except those starting with W* (one of which I'm typing
this mail on ;-);

So, I would say YES, please log this finding in the bugtracker, however
it's IMHO not a bug, but rather a feature request. (main reasoning
behind is, that the file-extension disallow features you may configure
in TYPO3 core also are case insensitive);

regards georg - glad to have been of help anyway;