[TYPO3-dam] SOLVED unable to use previously saved dam selections after moving to a new server

Mathieu Kessler mathieu.kessler at upct.es
Wed Dec 10 17:18:22 CET 2008

Dear list,
I have found the reason for my previously saved DAM selections not working
after migrating the server despite the correct change of the absolute path
in the tx_dam_selection table. I therefore post it in case it may be of some
help to others:
In the definition field of tx_dam_selection,
a:1:{s:6:"SELECT";a:1:{s:11:"txdamFolder";a:1:{s:88:"/home/sandieg4/public_html/sandiegotypo3/fileadmin/imagenes/viernes/temporada2008/02_05/";s:1:"1";}}}
the number after s: corresponds to the number of characters in the string
that follows. If I only change the path in my sql dump file, it is likely
that the number of characters in the string containing the new path has
changed. In my case, the new path has 2 characters less. In the example
above If I change s:88 to s:86 my selection works perfectly....
Now a question for the developers: Would it be possible that the definition
field of tx_dam_selection contain the relative path with respect to the
typo3 installation install instead of the absolute path on the server? That
would avoid the problem I met (which I agree is pretty specific...)
Anyway, I have found DAM to be a wonderful tool, thanks to the people that
made it possible...
Mathieu