[TYPO3-dam] can anybody show images in RTE with latest DAM?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sun Dec 7 11:09:30 CET 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAh! At least that solves the riddle why images are rendered
in my installation! No ext whatsoever is allowed to overwrite my RTE
configuration (TSConfig) and Template lib.parseFunc_RTE.

I hate it if extensions try to do that to me in the way dam does it. If
there is template related stuff I want to be asked whether or not I want
those settings! What I would like to know is how we benefit from that
userfunc. From a quick glance it does not do anything but cobbling
together the src attribute? I cannot judge (quartercoder that I am).
Will do a little further investigation.

Be informed that there is another big patch that deals with RTE and dam
title handling. That one will allow you to configure which field will be
used as title attribute + your editors will be enabled to decide
themselves whether or not they want to overwrite the dam title.

Uschi